MILLBURY, Mass. —The Redemption Center at HMEA (Horace Mann Educational Associates) Millbury will open March 15. Residents can bring in their bottles and cans for cash and support people with disabilities who will be working at the site.
HMEA Millbury is located at 6 Latti Farm Road off Route 20. The Redemption Center will be open Mondays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The site, a 16,000-square-foot $3.3 million facility, had an opening ceremony in October but became fully open to the public in January.
With the center opening, the following items apply to the redemption center:
- 5 cents per container
- Mass brands of accepted soda/beer cans and bottles
- No limit on cans or plastic
- Glass must be sorted and boxed into groups of 12 or 24
- Boxes can be purchased for 40 cents each, bags for 20 cents each
- Pre-counts accepted (subject to random checks for accuracy)
HMEA provides services that support individuals with developmental disabilities, autism and behavioral challenges, as well as jobs for residents and those with disabilities.
For more information call 508-298-1765.